Northeast Nebraska Community Action Partnership, Inc.

Category: Human Services


This Year's Project: Outreach Support


About Our Organization

Community Action changes people’s lives, embodies the spirit of hope, improves communities, and makes America a better place to live. We care about the entire community, and we are dedicated to helping people help themselves and each other. Northeast Nebraska Community Action Partnership (NENCAP), Inc. is a private, non-profit corporation, incorporated under the laws of the State of Nebraska, and headquartered in Pender, Nebraska. NENCAP serves an income-eligible population in a 14-county area of Northeast Nebraska including Dakota County.



Current Project: Outreach Support



NENCAP has been serving individuals and families in need in Northeast Nebraska for more than 50 years. This year, we would like expand our efforts to be sure NENCAP is a household name and we are easily accessible to those who need our services most!

Much of our outreach is done with a very small amount of money as we have earmarked almost all funding to be used to provide services directly to clients. While the services are the most vital part of our mission, we also have a responsibility to make sure we are visible.

This year, we have set a goal of raising $2,500 during Siouxland Big Give to be used to promote our services in Siouxland! You can help us reach our community's most vulnerable! 



Past Projects

  • NENCAP Dakota County Head Starts

    NENCAP Head Start and Early Head Start programs promote school readiness for children ages birth to five from low-income families by supporting the development of the whole child. Head Start exists because it is federally funded and community supported. The federal government awards these community organizations 80 percent of the cost of the program. The remaining 20 percent must be funded by the organization, often from cash or in-kind donations as well as donated services from people or businesses.

    NENCAP Head Start and Early Head Start provides everything a child would need to succeed in school. These items range from school supplies, diapers and wipes, and food and formula at no cost to the family. These are all items and supplies that the community could donate to our programs to help the agency meet their 20% InKind Match. Aside from the basic items provided, we strive to present the population we serve with centers that are complete with fun an exciting learning tools and warm and friendly environments. We would be more than grateful to accept a donation in order to purchase supplies such as paint, outdoor surfaces, and a program sign to allow our families to feel welcome and excited to come to school every day.



  • Healthy Families and Commodity Supplemental Food

    NENCAP would use funds collected to supplement our Healthy Families and our Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP) for Seniors. Our nationally accredited Healthy Families Program provides education and support to new parents to provide the best outcomes for our youngest clients. CSFP serves our elderly population with nutritional food packages specifically designed to provide protein, calcium, iron, Vitamin A and Vitamin C to recipients. Each of these programs are provided to the NENCAP service area through a State contract, however, it is a very limited budget. Both programs can be found on our website at www.nencap.org. Specific outcomes or more details can be requested by calling Nikki at 402-385-6300.







$1,268 Raised of $2,500 goal
$0 $2,500
10 Donors
Northeast Nebraska Community Action Partnership, Inc.

603 Earl Street, PO Box 667
Pender, NE 68047

 
(402) 385-6300

Connect With Us:



Tell Others About Us

 
 
We use cookies to improve your experience on our website. By browsing this website, you agree to our use of cookies. Read more about our cookies policy.